A yoga teacher, a yoga student, & a yoga business coach: A conversation with Amy McDonald
Welcome back to the Meet Me on Your Mat Podcast! This week we are chatting with Amy McDonald on all things yoga.
Amy is a yoga teacher, yoga student, a self-proclaimed yoga nerd, and a yoga business coach hailing from just outside Melbourne, Australia.
As the host of the podcast, "The Abundant Yoga Teacher," and a true force in the yoga world, Amy has so much to share with us about her own yoga journey. There are more than a few good nuggets in this episode to chew on.
Here are some takeaways from this episode:
- There are so many phases to a yoga journey when you stick with it longer than a couple of years. And, you never know how it's going to unfold.
- A candid explanation of what Anusara Yoga entails and how every lineage of yoga has some sort of scandal in its history. Does that mean the teachings are no longer valid?
- You can't take anything personally - in yoga, in teaching yoga, or in your yoga business.
- Being a yogi = trying to be a good person.
- Keep doing your yoga, but it doesn't matter that much. It doesn't matter if it's perfect, or what you look like. It matters that you do it.
Note: The name of the instructor we blanked on in the episode is Richard Freeman.
Follow Amy here:
To sign up for Tori's FREE Arm Balancing Fundamentals Workshop and to learn more about her online yoga program, go to: https://www.meetmeonyourmat.yoga
To get the special promo for the trial membership, click here.
Want to attend the December 10th in-person yoga class/workshop/community party? Sign up here.
Connect with Tori on social [email protected]:
Music by: lemmonmusicstudio from Pixabay